Antique Jewelry Specialist
We are a growing business and looking for teammates for our Antique Jewelry store in the West Village. We are looking for someone with a versatile skill set who can wear many hats. We specialize in jewelry from the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries. Position is part front-end and part back-end. This work entails looking after the day-to-day management of our website and digital communications, developing our digital strategy and visual resource library, maintaining our social media presence, researching antique jewelry and composing blogs, coordinating events, daily set-up and break down of jewelry cases, inventory maintenance, and assisting clients in person, by phone, and via email in making purchases and setting appointments.
- Have specific product knowledge in jewelry (fabrication, gemstone, metals, etc.)
- Graduate Gemologist preferred
- Knowledge of 18th, 19th and 20th century world history, art history and period design movements
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office and social media platforms (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram).
- Photoshop and InDesign skills are a plus.
- Have weekend flexibility
- Part-time preferred; 20-30 hours per week
- Creative, thoughtful and detail-oriented
- Sales experience is a plus
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email the following to Info@grayanddavis.com by 6.17.17:
- Send an introductory email about yourself. Include your availability (part-time or full-time / days / hours)
- Answer this question in a paragraph: What is your favorite historical jewel and why?
- Attach a ONE page resume